segunda-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2014

London - I've survived!

In the latest episode I was approached by a policeman in front of my house who wanted to know where I lived. Since I was supposed to register in the police and had not done yet, I got really scared. But at the end, he was looking for a guy who lived next door. However since I've just moved in I did not know anyone. I was still shaken when I got home and I said to my Italian friend who do not speak Portuguese: "A polícia está ai fora". He obviously did not understand me and I kept on saying the same thing, wondering why he could not understand me. After the third time I realised I was speaking in Portuguese... After that he told me that they were looking for a Polish guy who used to live next door because the neighbours told the police there was a woman screaming there. The Polish guy had moved, but the police was still after him...

I've spent two weeks touristing in London. Those two weeks were wonderful, but I'm going to write about them later. 

Nowadays I'm already working very hard in the lab. But I have time during the bus ride to think a bit, to write a bit... The bus trips are the same everyday, very quiet, no one talks to you... At least I'm always blessed with the River Thames view on the second floor of the bus, twice a day :). 

London already feels like home to me. I've met some people and have made few friends. Already know my way around.. at least in the central London. I've visited a couple of pubs, been in several museums and churches, waked along the River Thames. Apart from my supervisor, I don't have any close English friend, so I can't talk about English people yet.

Today I went to a swing dance class and its funny how it seems so dull compared to the forró dance. I think I am too "latin" for that kind of dance... but anyway, I'm going keep on going there to get at least a grasp of the English culture.

Forró seems more attractive to me than ever, now that I'm living in London... I enjoy so much dancing it and it feels like home to me... It helps with the homesickness...

Particular, bossy and nosy... I've already been collecting adjectives from my supervisor... He is something else! We've been just 3 weeks together but it seems I know him my whole life! He is married to a Brazilian woman and have been in Brazil for 6 times. He makes me feel so comfortable that I feel I can talk to him about anything...




5 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Obrigada por mandar notícias.

Anônimo disse...

Fiquei super contente quando entrei no blog e vi que finalmente tinha mais um post =)

Esses dias não paro de escutar a música Sobradinho, vontade de dançar forró também =)

Anônimo disse...

CDS

Alice disse...

You certainly would survive. You are a warrior and I am so proud of you.
Meu inglês é ruim! Desculpe.
Tô torcendo por você!

ma disse...

Esse povo metido que só responde qd vc fala em inglês, né? Hahaha
Que bom que está dançando!!! Adoro gente que gosta do Brasil, costumam ser muito simpáticos mesmo, pelo menos com a gente :) E como está o trabalho no laboratório? Keep writing! Bjão!